Saturday, May 8, 2010

that bloody book challenge

So, the 52 Books in 52 Weeks challenge. It's still on, even if I am a couple weeks/books behind. But those weekly book report posts I had visualized as anticipatory? Yah, those have morphed into something more like dread. I am not a book reviewer, not do I ever aspire to be one. I like to read, I like to read new things. That's where it ends. So, from now on I am going to just list the book, perhaps a few lines, and leave it at that. I don't want to dread this challenge, just enjoy it.

So there you have it. I will be updating my Shelfari Bookshelf (see it in the sidebar there -> ?) to be more up to date. Feel free to browse it. It's a cool application.

The last 52 Books post was for the 4th book. Here are the books that followed it:

5 - Dispatches from the Edge; a Memoir of War, Disasters & Survival. Anderson Cooper
6 - Things Fall Apart. Chinua Achebe
7 - The Lost Garden. Helen Humphreys
8 - The Glass Castle. Jeannette Walls
9 - The Gum Thief. Douglas Coupland
10 - Traveling With Pomegranates; a mother -daughter story. Sue Monk Kidd & Ann Kidd Taylor
11 - Nights Below Station Street. David Adams Richards
12 - When All You Have is Hope. Frank O'Dea
13 - Ellen Foster. Kaye Gibbons
14 - The Life All Around Me by Ellen Foster. Kaye Gibbons

I am choosing book 15 as we speak. I have been finding a tonne of books on my little treaure hunts, Value Village seems to continually have great finds! I highly recommend checking out their book section before going anywhere else.

So there you have it. A catch-up post on that bloody book challenge. Phew. I feel better already!
.
Happy Saturday!

leel

4 comments:

serenity said...

go leel! read those books XD *waves pom pom*

leel said...

thanks ser! i love your pom poms!

mchen said...

Whoa... I didn't realize you were doing this!!! I can't imagine, as I find it tough to finish my few books a year for my book club... Go go go, k :D

leel said...

thanks for the encouragement em! any recommendations are appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails